Waxing means getting rid of body hair every month. It is a painful yet an indispensable part of a woman’s life. It is the most opted-for hair removal method and is better than using epilators, shaving, threading or using hair removal creams. Shaving, threading or using hair removal creams makes the hair grow back faster and coarser and also harms the skin making it pigmented. Therefore, women worldwide choose to wax over them.
Waxing, according to some women, causes rashes, pain, redness, skin irritation etc. However, these things depend on the skin type and the type of wax used. All the three waxes are different from each other and the one which suits the skin best must be chosen.
Normal wax is made by the simple combination of lemon and sugar or honey and contains chemical substances. This wax is not meant for people with sensitive skin as it contains chemicals that can harm the skin. It can cause redness, bumps, itchiness, allergies etc. and this can last up to 2 days. The removal of hair using normal wax is painful. It happens because the sugar or the honey present in the wax is most likely to stick to the skin. While removing the hair a lot of effort is required and can even remove the skin cells that can result in cell damage and pain. This kind of wax is not efficient to remove tiniest of the hairs.
Chocolate wax is much better than the normal wax and is preferred by most women. Chocolate wax contains natural ingredients like cocoa, soybean oil, almond oil, glycerin, vitamins and olive oil. This wax is calming and does not cause as much pain as the normal wax. It is skin friendly and does not cause swelling. This wax is thicker and therefore makes it easy to strip the hair off. It has the following benefits:
- It is very helpful in removing sun tan.
- The post-wax oil is very helpful in getting rid of the stickiness and any wax residue.
- It is suitable for almost all skin types, including the sensitive skin.
- It is beneficial for the skin as it aids in skin glowing.
- It slows down the growth of hair and removes the smallest of the hair.
- It also removes all the undergrowth.
- It takes good care of the skin.
Although chocolate wax is advantageous, it is costly. Its price is higher by 30%-50%. If the normal wax costs around Rs 300 for full legs, it may cost around Rs 450 with chocolate wax.
Rica wax is also known as Liposoluble or the white chocolate wax. Almost all types of wax contain colophony. Colophony is a skin sensitizer and is responsible for causing allergic dermatitis. Rica wax is completely free from colophony. This wax uses vegetable oil that is mixed with glyceryl rosinate. This ensures the painless removal of hair. This wax does not require heating and therefore there is no risk of burning the skin. It has the following advantages:
- It is quite gentle on the skin.
- It is meant for super sensitive skin.
- The beeswax present in the wax nourishes the skin.
- It is available in many varieties for all skin types.
- The pre and the post-wax gel makes the waxing process easier.
Rica wax has the following varieties:
- For Normal skin– Titanium,
- For Dry skin– Chocolate, Strawberry
- For very Dry skin– Coconut, Olive Oil
- For Sensitive skin– Honey, Milk, Aloe Vera, Green Apple
- For Bikini Line– Brazilian Wax with Avocado Butter
- Luxury Line– Gold, Pearl
- Relaxing Line– Talcum
However, Rica wax is messier than normal and chocolate wax and is even more expensive, but at the same time is better for the skin. Therefore, it is always advised to opt for the better quality wax and not go for cheaper options as they can really harm the skin.
Book an appointment with Glam Studios and get the desired waxing!
Wanting a Bikini Wax, Click Here to know more!